What geographical areas do you service?

We currently service the South East corner of Queensland, encompassing the Greater Brisbane region, the Gold and Sunshine Coasts, Ipswich, Toowoomba and the Darling Downs.

What is a Building Contract?

If the value of the repairs to your property exceed $3 300 (inclusive of GST), it is a legal requirement in Queensland that you sign a Domestic Building Contract. If this is applicable in your repairs, the contract will be drawn up and forwarded to you to sign and return. In accordance with legislation we are unable to proceed with the repairs until this has been signed and returned to us.

What is Home Warranty Insurance?

If the value of the repairs to your property exceed $3 300 (inclusive of GST), it is a legal requirement in Queensland that the licensed builder takes out Queensland Building and Construction Commission (QBCC, formerly known as QBSA) Home Warranty Insurance prior to commencement of any repairs. The QBCC will post your Home Warranty Insurance Certificate. This certificate is conclusive evidence that the contracted works are covered by QBCC Home Warranty Insurance Scheme and contains the details relevant to the contract.

When will the repairs commence?

Once we have received all the necessary documentation, which may include the repair approval letter, building contract and any applicable excess payment. We will contact you and advise the tradespeople who will be carrying out the repairs. Our tradespeople are fully qualified, licenced, flexible, friendly and reliable. Upon their appointment they will immediately contact you to arrange a suitable time to carry out the repairs. It is always our priority to complete authorized repairs as quickly as possible and we actively manage our workflows to avoid lengthy delays.

What is the policy excess and who do I pay?

Under your insurance policy you may be required to pay an excess. If we are instructed by your insurance company to proceed with the repairs, they may ask Ensura Building Services to collect the policy excess. You will be required to pay the excess prior to the commencement of the work. Your excess will be deducted off our final account to your insurance company.

Will you stick with your written quote?

Yes, we provide you with an itemized fixed price quote. In rare situations further damages are only discovered once repairs have commenced, i.e after the removal of wall linings. If we suspect that additional damage may be discovered we will state this on our quotation.

Will the site be left cleaned?

Yes, our tradespeople are required to leave the site clean and tidy. In most cases our tradespeople will provide drop sheets to protect the floors and furniture before commencing the repairs and any mess will be vacuumed or swept up at the end of the day.

Do you provide estimated completion dates?

Yes, we will be in regular contact with you regarding the progress of your building repairs and provide an estimated completion date.

Are you a registered builder?

Yes, our QBCC (formerly known as QBSA) licence number is 1261565.

Do you have liability insurance?

Yes, we have Public Liability Insurance cover up to $20 million.

Ask a different question